Please send all employment opportunity postings to Katie Kurtz at firstname.lastname@example.org
Posted 4/10/17 Best Buy Design, Professional sales associate
Best Buy Design is looking for a professional sales associate to join our team.
Developing a showroom in Burnsville. You can assist with the features.
The ideal candidate must have:
*Minimum of 5 years experience in the construction business (This is not an entry-level position)
*Effective communication and attention to detail
*Proficient computer skills
*Confident in their design skills when working with a diverse clientele
*Identify and develop sales leads, nurturing the prospect through the sales process, and closing sales
*Facilitate design options with clients
*Deliver sound estimates
*Maintain a positive relationship with clients, sub-contractors and partners
Email your resume to email@example.com or call Todd Hendry at 952-808-5166 with questions.
If you are looking to partner with a construction company, this might be a perfect fit.
Posted 4/10/17 Alexandria Tech & Community College, Interior Design Instructor
MSCF FACULTY JOB POSTING
POSITION: Interior Design Instructor (PCN 01018031)
STARTING DATE: August 7, 2017
APPOINTMENT: Temporary Part-Time (Fall Semester 15 credits)
DEADLINE: To receive guaranteed consideration, application and materials should arrive by
April 28, 2017. The search will remain open until the position is filled. (Note: This assignment is for Fall Semester only; however, there is probability of additional temporary part-time employment for Spring Semester 2018).
RESPONSIBILITIES: The successful candidate will provide instruction and support for the Interior Design program. The candidate will assist with curriculum development, student advising, accreditation activities, and program decisions in maintenance of the NKBA accreditation. They will pursue an active scholarly agenda and provide service to the Interior Design profession.
Faculty members are expected to participate on/in: student advising, field trips, recruitment, interior design organizations, and professional advisory boards.
Teaching assignments are likely to include:
- Computer Aided Drafting
- Building Construction and Housing Styles
- Codes and Accessibility
- Presentation Drawings
- Junior-Senior Studio Classes ( residential / kitchen and bath)
- Professional Practice
- Interior Design Sales
Bachelor degree in interior design or a bachelor degree with 60 semester credits in interior design.
Occupational Experience Requirement
Four full-time (or equivalent) years of verified related paid work experience as an interior designer.
One year of this work experience shall be within the five years immediately preceding the date of application for the credential field. The recency requirement shall be waived if the individual has two years of successful full-time (or equivalent) postsecondary teaching experience in the credential field within the last five years.
- Experience in teaching/training and project management
- Experience with one or more of the following softwares: AutoCAD, Revit, 2020 Design, Chief Architect, SketchUp
- Certification in: NCIDQ, AKBD, CKBD, LEED, CID
- Membership in interior design related professional organizations: NKBA, ASID
NOTICE: In accordance with the Minnesota State Colleges & Universities (MnSCU) Vehicle Fleet Safety Program, employees driving on college/university business who use a rental or state vehicle shall be required to conform to MnSCU’s vehicle use criteria and consent to a Motor Vehicle Records check.
TO APPLY: Apply online at https://www.alextech.edu/about-atcc/human-resources
Click on Temporary Jobs – “How to Apply” link to apply. You must apply online and attach an electronic resume and copies of your transcript(s) to your online application in order to be considered for this position.
CONTACT: Shari Maloney; (320) 762-4466; Fax: 320-762-4450; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Posted 4/5/17 McDonald Remodeling, Sales/Design person
McDonald Remodeling is looking for a professional sales associate to join our team.
The ideal candidate must have:
- Minimum of 5 years experience in the construction business (This is not an entry-level position)
- Effective communication and attention to detail
- Proficient computer skills
- Confident in their design skills when working with a diverse clientele
- Identify and develop sales leads, nurturing the prospect through the sales process, and closing sales
- Facilitate design options with clients
- Deliver sound estimates
- Maintain a positive relationship with clients, sub-contractors and partners
We offer a very competitive base salary plus commission. If you’re interested in joining our award winning company with a successful team of dedicated craftsmen, email your resume to email@example.com or call 651.554.1234 with questions.
Posted 4/5/17 Inspiration Design Center, Field Measure Tech (Burnsville, MN)
Inspiration Design Center offers a state-of-the-art stone fabrication facility located in Burnsville, MN servicing the production and installation of high quality countertop surfaces for our clients. Our 13,000-square foot showroom is a one-stop shop for all your bathroom and kitchen remodeling needs. From full sized kitchen and bath vignettes to cabinets, countertops, flooring, tile, sinks, toilets, tubs, showers and accessories, you’ll find inspiring ideas for every budget.
Inspiration Design Center has immediate openings seeking Full Time Field Measure Tech to join our team. This person will conduct job site field measures and create templates for natural stone and quartz countertops. This individual will interact with the job site supervisor and home owners in a professional manner.
What you will be doing:
- Work with LT-55 to measure countertops and create DFX file
- Understand and follow all job site safety rules and regulations
- Follow the observation checklist to ensure the measurement is done completely and accurately
- Download all DFX files immediately following measure
- Create proper photo documentation of job site measure
- Coordinate the following day measure schedule by creating an efficient route based on set measure times
- Safely drive the company assigned vehicle around to designated areas
- Communication with different trades on the job site to get questions answered and facilitate measure
- Work closely with CAD techs on creation of drawings
What we look for:
- Great attitude, willingness to be a part of a team
- Ability to communicate clearly both written and verbally
- Problem solving skills
- Basic mathematic skills
- Strong attention to detail, organized, flexible and punctual
- Ability to work independently with limited direction
- Knowledge of granite installations and remodeling industry a plus
- Wants to have fun and take on new challenges
Training is provided!
Posted 4/5/17 Inspiration Design Center, Install Apprentice (Burnsville, MN)
Inspiration Design Center offers a state-of-the-art stone fabrication facility located in Burnsville, MN servicing the production and installation of high quality countertop surfaces for our clients. Our 13,000-square foot showroom is a one-stop shop for all your bathroom and kitchen remodeling needs. From full sized kitchen and bath vignettes to cabinets, countertops, flooring, tile, sinks, toilets, tubs, showers and accessories, you’ll find inspiring ideas for every budget
Inspiration Design Center has immediate openings seeking Full Time Install Apprentices to join our team. This position will focus on fitting and installing custom granite and quartz countertops. This must be accomplished by providing excellent customer service, maintaining a safe and efficient installation that is first-time quality, meeting IDC Standards.
What you will be doing:
- Responsible for driving to customer locations, loading and installing granite/quartz countertops into customer homes
- Use power tools to hand polish, grind, and shape countertops
- Safely operate all tools and equipment
- Develop knowledge of the materials that we sell and how they can be used
- Travel 3+ hours when needed
- Present yourself in a professional manner, ensuring the image of Inspiration Design Center
- Perform other related duties as required
What we look for:
- Valid Driver’s License
- Clean driving record – no DUIs, Suspensions/Revocations
- Strong verbal/written communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to lift 50lbs of dead weight routinely without the help of others
- Knowledge of granite installations and remodeling industry a plus
- Knowledge of workplace safety, safe operation of tools and safe lifting/handling procedures
- Knowledge of design techniques and basic mathematics a plus
- Time management skills
- Customer oriented
Compensation is negotiable based on work experience. Training is provided.
Join the Mingle Team! (Posted 8.8.16)
Kitchen & Bath Designer and Sales Associate: If you are a customer-driven individual, focused on quality, and committed to excellence in all aspects of your work, we encourage you to check out our career opportunities at www.mingleteam.com.
For more information on opportunities at Mingle, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/D/V
Minnesota Standard Showplace, a division of SPS Companies, Inc. is looking for an individual to assist and advise clients with their plumbing selections. Responsibilities include learning the features and benefits of plumbing products; creating quotes and orders for customers; and establishing relationships with builders, designers and plumbers. Duties would also include making sales calls to develop new relationships and attend professional trade meetings monthly. The position requires excellent communication and design skills. SPS Companies is an employee owned company that offers a competitive benefit package. We are an Equal Opportunity and Drug Free employer. Please email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Nor-Son, Inc., an Integrated Consulting, Design and Construction Services firm headquartered in the beautiful Brainerd Lakes Area with offices in Baxter and Wayzata, MN, and Fargo, ND is seeking a highly motivated individual to join our team of design professionals as a Cabinet Designer!
For more than 37 years, Nor-Son has been delivering environments of distinctive character,precision craftsmanship and incomparable quality in homes, hospitality, healthcare and commercial market sectors.
This opportunity for the right candidate may be in our Baxter or Wayzata office location. In this exciting role, the Cabinet Designer will lead the design, ordering, and customer service for Nor-Son’s internal Cabinet and Casework Division. Responsibilities will include construction site visits to ensure accurate measuring and provide clarification for cabinet installation. You will be expected to provide exceptional communication with Nor-Son’s project teams to deliver projects on-time and on-budget.
Ideal candidates will thrive in a collaborative and fast-paced environment, be passionate about detail and craftsmanship, and possess a positive attitude and be committed to excellence.
Skills & Qualifications
Must have a strong working knowledge of cabinetry including its construction and specifications.
Training or certification in cabinetry design is preferred. A working knowledge of cabinet design
and space planning standards, basic construction and architectural standards in addition to
knowledge of cabinetry software (Revit/CAD), and Microsoft Office is required. Exceptional
verbal and written communication skills.
Nor-Son offers a competitive salary and benefits package.
Please submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Nor-Son is an equal opportunity employer.
FT Kitchen & Bath Designer – Inspiration Design Center (Burnsville, MN)
We are looking for an artful kitchen and bath designer to undertake a variety of kitchen and bath remodeling projects and facilitate customer selections. This is your opportunity to work with one of the only full service providers in the Twin Cities, providing you with an opportunity to grow and challenge yourself daily in our newly remodeled 13,000 SF showroom.
- Working with our sales team, develop design concepts in 2020 and Sketch up
- Finalize design with clients after retainer has been collected
- Conduct material selections with client including cabinetry, countertop, flooring, tile, hardware and paint
- Consult with clients throughout remodel (via showroom and home visits)
- Manage customer interaction and decisions related to interior design
- This is not a sales position
- Full understanding of 2020 and ability to work with several cabinets lines, both framed and frameless
- Certification/designation preferred
- Comfortable putting material selections together for clients
- Creative talent, imagination, and eye for design
- Project management skills
- Communication and presentation skills
- BS degree in Interior Design or similar
- Proficient in Excel, Word and Powerpoint
- Efficient problem solving
- Proven working experience in designing interior spaces (consultations, renovations, space planning, and new construction)
- 7+ years of experience in kitchen/bath design
- 5+ years of customer service and sales experience
Inspiration Design Center is the Twin Cities premier destination for kitchen and bath remodeling and natural stone countertops. We are established and growing. There may be opportunities to advance in other areas of the company for those who are reliable, talented, and willing to learn.
Contact Amy Wroblewski at email@example.com
FT Showroom Assistant – Inspiration Design Center (Burnsville, MN)
Full-Time Showroom Assistant
If you have an outgoing personality and are able to connect quickly with people, have a passion for the residential remodeling industry, and are looking to join a fun, exciting, and growing company, then we have a great opportunity for you!
As a showroom assistant, your role would be to:
• consult with customers who come in to or call the showroom, creating interest and excitement for their project possibilities
• set appointments for well-qualified customers to further the sales process
• accurately update customer records in our lead management system
• drive sales through positive interactions with potential and existing clients
• maintain appearance of showroom
• assist Showroom Designers and Salespeople with drawings, administrative tasks, and customer interactions
• enthusiastically promote the company at off-site events such as trade shows, expos, and fairs
Inspiration Design Center is the Twin Cities’ premiere destination for kitchen and bath remodeling and natural stone countertops. We are established and growing, and there may be opportunities to advance in other areas of the company for those who are reliable, talented and willing to learn.
Our showroom hours are Monday — Thursday 10:00 — 8:00, Friday and Saturday 9:00 — 3:00, and closed on Sundays. Event and expo hours will vary.
What we are looking for:
• an outgoing personality and excellent communication skills
• willingness to learn and master our sales training program
• ability to work evenings and weekends as required
• reliable transportation
• an eye for design is helpful
In return, you will have:
• base pay plus incentives; you could average $18 – $20/hour
• paid vacation and holidays
• 401k and profit sharing
• Full benefits with 100% of single & family insurance premiums paid by employer!
• Opportunity for advancement
Contact Amy Wroblewski at firstname.lastname@example.org
Sales and Project Development Associate – Sylvestre Remodeling and Design, Inc. – Minneapolis, MN
For over 40 years, Sylvestre Remodeling and Design has been uniquely and successfully remodeling Minnesota homes. We now have a tremendous opportunity available for a motivated and experienced business professional to join our team as Sales and Project Development Associate.
The ideal candidate must have superior knowledge of the Design-Build sales process, which will be focused on residential remodeling projects that enhance Sylvestre’s reputation for quality design and workmanship .
Our Sales and Project Development Associate will create, develop, identify and sell residential remodeling projects that fit our preferred business profile.
1. Strategy and Planning: Full understanding of construction plans, CSI specifications, bid package responding and final negotiations is essential.
2. Customer Relations Management: Successful ability to influence decision makers…
3. Results Oriented: Candidate must be able to multi-task while preparing detailed proposals, coordinating and facilitating orders, verifying quantities and prices, coordinating site visits, and finalizing an accurate plan.
4. Communication Skills: The right candidate must have excellent communication (written and verbal) organization skills and have ambitions to see their sales goals through. Fluency in a CAD program required.
Compensation: This is a Full -time position. Competitive Base Salary/Commission
Benefits – Health, Dental, and Vacation Benefits as well as on-going training
Drug Free and Equal Opportunity Employer
- Sales, estimating, residential construction/remodeling background: 5 years or Industry experience
- Minimum trade school degree in Architectural Drafting/CAD Drafting, Mechanical Drafting or equivalent job experience with CAD, OR
- Degree in Architecture, Interior Design, or equivalent
If you have the desire and ability to join our team, please forward your resume to John Sylvestre at
Sales Person – North Star Kitchens – Minneapolis, MN
North Star Kitchens Design Studio is seeking a dedicated sales person to join an energetic team, committed to providing exceptional service and quality performance to our clients.
Your resume and work portfolio may be dropped off or sent to:
North Star Kitchens
International Market Square
275 Market Street Suite 162
Minneapolis, MN 55405
Kitchen & Bath Sales/Design Associate – Mingle Cabinetry, Furnishings, & Design
- Five plus years of successful work experience in cabinet design and sales.
- Demonstrated exceptional design ability.
- Excellent communication skills and positive, outgoing personality. Professional appearance and dress. High level of integrity and honesty.
- Proficiency and flexibility in working with clients from concept to project completion, while maintaining a high degree of customer care throughout the project.
- Ability to represent and promote the Company’s brand and products in a professional manner to customers, designers, and contractors/remodelers.
- Track record of repeat and referral sales based on quality work for past customers.
- Proficiency in all phases of the sales process, including qualifying a customer, determining customer budget, providing quality design based on customer desires, and closing the sale.
- Strong existing relationships with new home contractors and remodelers that will result in regular ongoing sales.
- Knowledge of a variety of industry-leading semi-custom and custom cabinet lines.
- Knowledge of and ability to sell additional home design products, including plumbing fixtures, appliances, flooring, and lighting.
- Ability to close a sale based on based on value and design expertise, without resorting to lowest price.
- Ability to work within a structured environment and follow company policies and procedures.
- Ability to work well and communicate with other employees in a teamwork environment.
- Ability to work with associated partners such as remodelers and interior design groups to maximize sales opportunities for the Company.
- Ability to accurately complete a site measure, produce correct drawings, and place error-free orders with vendors.
- Proficiency with 20/20 for design work.
- Experienced in the use of AutoCAD for design work that cannot be completed with 20/20.
- Record of active participation in professional organizations such as ASID, NARI, BATC, and NKBA.
- Interest in and awareness of industry trends.
This is a full-time salary + commission position, with benefits.
Interested applicants may send a cover letter & resume to email@example.com.
Kitchen and Bath Designer
Automated Building Components’ Cabinetry Division has an immediate opening for a Kitchen and Bath Designer. This position will train out of the Chanhassen location, upon successful completion of the training period this position will be based out of the Cabinetry showroom in St. Louis Park. This position will report to Lisa Oldakowski, Inside Sales Supervisor.
Essential Job Duties:
- Assist sales team in solicitation of new accounts and prospect for new projects. Conduct pre-construction site inspections and measurements
- Greet clients to the design center, assess clients’ needs and assist the customer with product selection. Order appropriate materials and quantities for projects
- Prepare and conduct bid proposal functions. Arrange project schedules, subcontractor schedules and material deliveries.
Act as the liaison between the customer, materials vendors, and subcontractors
- Understand all aspects of customer billing cycle, cash vs. credit, and how to figure and process a deposit by having a thorough knowledge of the paperwork flow and distribution process
- Have a broad knowledge of all other items sold, various countertop products, tile, plumbing fixtures, etc.
- Basic knowledge of 2020 cabinetry design software, quote and order entry (industry-related) software, Microsoft
Outlook, Word and Excel
- Knowledge of pricing multipliers and current lead times for all product lines
- Coordinate the delivery to contractor-remodeler customers on an as-needed basis Understand the receiving process and the paperwork associated with the process. Call vendors to follow up on any backordered items
- Knowledge of warranty policies of all items sold. Be able to order such items when requested by customer
- Minimum education required— 60 hours of NKBA professional development programming and or equivalent technical degree preferred, professional experience to be considered
- Minimum experience required— 3-7 years of Kitchen & Bath industry experience
- Special skills required— advanced computer-aided drafting skills, salesmanship, good verbal communication skills and design presentation skills
- Special knowledge required- Advanced knowledge of kitchen and bathroom design, general knowledge in all aspects of design and construction and of building materials
- Maintain a valid driver’s license to operate a motor vehicle in the state of sales activity
- Physical demands include sitting for extended periods of time, standing and walking, bending or stooping, lifting up to 25 pounds frequently and up to 50 pounds occasionally
This is a full-time, salaried, exempt position.
If you are interested in this position, please contact Kaylie Joseph in the HR Department at (952) 470-3647 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
THIS POSITION IS REFERRAL ELIGIBLE!
Eco-Friendly Interior Design Assistant -Natural Built Home
We are a local eco-friendly home improvement store/design studio in Minneapolis seeking a highly motivated Eco-Friendly Interior Design Assistant to join our growing team. This person will work directly with the Design Manager, Lead Eco Design Advisors and their customers. In addition to a good sense of home design, the best candidate will have a positive attitude and strong work ethic. This person should be detail oriented with outstanding organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously. Sharp communication skills, dependability, professional mannerism and great follow up are important as well. Schedule is somewhat flexible, but will need to be consistent and will include some evenings and weekends. This is a part-time position with 20-30 hours a week of expected work.
Work Experience Requirements:
- Experience in interior design / home improvement / new construction / remodeling.
- Excellent communication and written skills.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Must have exceptional organizational skills.
- Retail experience and professional sales training is a plus.
- Knowledge of and experience with sustainable building solutions is also beneficial
- Coordinate displays/samples in the store to ensure they are attractive and informative.
- Answer phones and interact with walk in consumers, contractors, developers, and suppliers.
- Help customers make eco-friendly home finish selections-counter tops, cabinets, flooring, hardware, fixtures, wall coverings, etc.
- Assist customers with paint sales. Use computer to look up paint formulas, print labels, tint paint, shake, label, and ring up.
- Monitor, maintain, and contribute to customer and data tracking system.
- Maintain files, procedures, reports, and record.
- Attend weekly team meetings and product training.
- Keep work space and show room organized and efficient, consistently improving systems.
- Coordinate and participate in community events like the Eco Experience at the State Fair.
- Work collaboratively as part of the team. Shadow and assist in design meetings with clients.
- Maintain salvage building materials, photograph, add to website.
- Smaller side projects may be assigned as we are a small company and need “all hands on deck”.
Negotiable based on relevant experience. Qualified candidates should send a cover letter, resume and list of references to Amy Hinck at Amy@naturalbuilthome.com.
Fair & Square Remodeling Seeks Sales Consultant
The Sales Consultant will be responsible for growing sales in a consultative manner as part of the Fair & Square Remodeling ecosystem. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Work in conjunction with other Fair & Square professionals to follow the sales process from start to finish.
- Develop a full understanding of the Fair & Square remodeling business model in order effectively explain the process to prospects.
- Work with members of the sales team to develop a prospecting activities sheet and track those prospecting activities. Prospecting activities will include making connections via phone and live networking events.
- Meet sales goals
- Assist in writing blog articles for the website.
- Assist in developing strategic partnerships to grow Fair and Square sales.
- Assist in the tracking of sales results.
- Participate in a supportive role at regular training activities
- Other duties as assigned.
Ideal candidate will have the following characteristics:
- A minimum of 3-5 years of sales experience;
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communications skills.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Background or experience in marketing, communications, theater or business preferred.
- Be able to operate efficiently and meet deadlines.
- Good project management skills.
- Sound understanding of the consultative sales process.
- Established network to work within.
- Experienced in Prospecting and Networking.
- Ability to team sell.
- Creative and innovative.
- Detail oriented.
- Team player. Will work to ensure team goals are met or exceeded.
- Self-starter and self-directed.
- Ability to adapt to diverse work styles.
- Home improvement industry experience preferred.
- Tech-savvy. Must able to use our technology tools with training.
Ideal candidate will be proficient in the following areas:
- Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Social Media Platforms including Facebook, Pinterest, LinkedIn and Twitter
The Sales Consultant should be available during normal business hours and have the ability to work outside of normal business hours as needed for networking or initial sales calls.
Workload is expected to begin at 40 hours per week. Compensation will be base plus commission.
Applicants may email cover letter, resume and contact informational for two professional references in .PDF format or email a cover letter, contact informational and references in the body of the email and include a link to your LinkedIn profile or online resume to: email@example.com